Friday, July 15, 2011

Did you know GRMC offers childbirth classes?


Guest post by Ashley Grundler, graphic designer, GRMC

My husband, Chris, and I have been attending weekly childbirth classes through GRMC. The two-hour classes run for four weeks on Tuesday evenings. These classes seem to be a bit of a hidden gem and I'm here to tell you, they are a must for any first-time parents.

So far we've attended two classes that have touched on everything from discomforts of pregnancy to what to expect during labor and delivery. And can I just say, I have learned so much!

Kim Jones, RN, is an experienced OB nurse and she has carefully walked us through breathing techniques, showed us equipment we shouldn't be startled to see during delivery, and truly prepared us for what to expect once we arrive at the hospital.

I urge all expecting moms and dads to attend this wonderful and informative four-week class. I already feel less anxious about childbirth and my husband feels more comfortable in his role as my labor support person.

It won't be long now before our daughter is born. These classes answer questions we didn't know we had and have eased a lot of our fears. Our doctors and the staff at GRMC have been with us every step of this journey. We are enjoying these last weeks of pregnancy and are looking forward to welcoming our daughter soon!

No comments: