Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Great Time Was Had By All


Last Thursday evening, I got to attend the Women's Health Focus with about 480 women from the area. Nearly 30 organizations and GRMC departments had educational displays and health information to learn more about all the great resources we have in our area. That’s me on the right side of the photo in the exhibit space.



My highlight of the night was listening to Peggy Kline, the keynote speaker. She was hilarious in her delivery of an important message. Women need to take the time to treat themselves well, like royalty, in order to do all the things women do for their families, friends, career, and more. Peggy’s the one wearing the robe and crown. I have to admit at first I was a little uncomfortable as the only male in the audience…but I soon found myself laughing and appreciating some of the challenges that women experience.

It was fun seeing so many people attend this great event. My special thanks to Jennifer Cogley and Shannon Reding for their leadership on this project, along with all the GRMC staff and Auxiliary.

Next year, we will have to find a larger place…I can’t wait.


The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent GRMC’s positions, strategies, or opinions.

No comments: